Thursday, April 20, 2023

Honey-Glazed Smoked Salmon by Macey

 Honey glazed smoked salmon and side salad with capers & balsamic!! 

Regarding the smoked salmon, I cheat and buy the package salmon from Whole Foods. That is already pre-cooked/smoked. 

Honey glaze: 

I whisk sesame oil with honey, brown sugar, and a tablespoon of bbq sauce. 

I paint on the glaze to the salmon before putting it into the oven. But before I do so, I like to use the pan with the sear lines and just quick sear both sides so it looks fancy :) I do this on a skillet pan , sorry idk the proper name. 

Then I take it off heat, paint on the glaze, and cook in the oven for 15 minutes (or until temperature is right… I use a probe and just keep checking every 4-5 mins) 

On the side, is a salad with sliced radish, lemon, cherry tomatoes, asparagus tips,balsamic, and capers ! 

(Asparagus tips were left over from a different night, I usually just cook asparagus with olive oil and sea salt in a baking pan — 350 degrees for 10 mins. (Again, every oven is different, so just keep an eye out for the asparagus, I like mine to be a little bit more country so I typically take it out between 8and 10 minutes). 

SO SO GOOD!!






No comments:

Post a Comment