Wednesday, April 20, 2022

Pork Tenderloin Glaze

I took a photo of a page in a book I was reading but didn't note which book (like I can remember which one of the hundred books I get an idea from?!). All I know is preceding this recipe it says "a gregarious woman with red hair from the south named Jennie Lee" gave the author this amazing recipe for glazed pork tenderloin, and people "think it's a complicated glaze and get very impressed". 

Hmmm...ok, random recipe in random book that wasn't a cookbook, I'll try you...


The recipe in the books is to "marinate pork tenderloin overnight in equal parts orange juice and soy sauce with a few smashed garlic cloves, some brown sugar and a teaspoon of ginger. Then you put in the broiler for 12 minutes on each side, and smear apricot preserves all over it while it's cooling." 


The result? It's great!  The 'directions' don't give amounts of the ingredients so I winged it but will share what I did. I thought I might skip smearing apricot preserves all over it but I went with the recipe and am so glad I did - the flavor is delicious. 

marinade: 
  • 1/3 cup orange juice
  • 1/3 cup soy sauce
  • garlic powder to taste (I did 1/2 t.)
  • 1 Tablespoon brown sugar
  • 1 teaspoon ground ginger
  • salt and pepper to taste (I just sprinkled some in the marinade without measuring)
  • boneless pork tenderloin
  • apricot preserves (about 1/3 cup)

Put all marinade ingredients in a gallon ziplock bag and shake to combine. Add the pork tenderloin and refrigerate for a few hours or overnight. Remove from the marinade and grill until cooked to your preference. After it's cooked, transfer to a cutting board or platter and spread apricot preserves all over it (as the jam warms up it dissolves into a glaze). Slice and serve. 



No comments:

Post a Comment