Saturday, April 30, 2022

Dance Recital '22

It's that time of year again - this weekend is Spirit Expressions dance recital and I'm in it with my adult tap class. The recital theme is 'It takes a Village' so all the numbers represent a place, person, or thing in our town. I was really not happy with our assignment representing the retirement center! I don't think adults being older adults is fun LOL - like I'm already an old person so playing even older isn't cool! But then I decided if I'm gonna play a granny I'd make her a funky granny and got more into the spirit of the thing, I ended up really enjoying my costume and the routine.  



Everyone made their own costumes which is pretty funny so we've got everything from granny in rollers and robe, rehab granny, farmer, a couple of men, church lady, etc. My favorite has to be Angela who totally went for it - she's got a bald wig and a big hairy belly sticking out of her too short tshirt (it's a belt bag haha). 

Here's a couple pics that I took off Facebook of the old-timers - I don't have a picture of all of us together but I'll update this post after the recital, I'm sure there'll be lots more:




4.30.21: mushy-roomy rice



4.30.16: recital

No comments:

Post a Comment