Thursday, April 7, 2022

Air Fried Pickles by Jen

Well here I am with a crazy blog post.  This one I’m sure will get me mocked by my sister but it’s a risk I’m gonna take (if she wants my posts then she has to take what she can get..) ..

So everyone at this point knows I’m not the chef of the family.  I’m ok with that. What I do like though and am usually good at is inventing something I deem “healthy”.  Taking a recipe I see that looks delicious and trying to change it to make it healthy but still edible. HAHAHA.. 

So this time I saw a recipe for air fried pickles.  Of course they still were rolled in egg, dipped in flour etc.  yes that’s not going to be terrible for me because its not fried after that however I’m a fan of all things rolled in shake n bake and baked or air fried.  So far I have been pretty successful so I decided to give that a try with pickles.  Shoot they are juicy enough the shake n bake should stick without egg or anything else.  Turns out I’m right.  Well sort of. 

 


So first I took shore lunch (breading for fish) because I had some in the cupboard.  That didn’t stick super well but I sliced the pickle and rolled some in that. then I took the other half of the pickles and rolled them in shake n bake.  That was WAY better.  It did indeed stick to the pickles and made a nice little coating. 


 

So what I did was slice whole dill pickles into spears, rolled in the shake n bake until semi coated, placed on aluminum foil lined air fryer basket and cooked on 400 for 10 minutes.  They came out with a pretty yummy coating (not super thick which I liked since it wasn’t overpowering the pickles).  It made a nice little afternoon snack that I would call semi healthy!  Yeah yeah... next time I should just eat some fruit but in the meantime yay for pickles!



Jill here - me mock my sister? well I never...;)


4.7.21: banana oatmeal cookies


No comments:

Post a Comment