Wednesday, April 7, 2021

Banana Oatmeal Cookies #2

I posted on 6/3/20 that I made banana oatmeal cookies but I couldn't find the recipe to share, so I remade them using a different recipe - the repeat cookies weren't exactly the same but still great and I moved on. So the other day I'm cleaning off open safari tabs on my phone and a recipe for banana oatmeal cookies is one of them (I didn't realize I have open tabs going back over a year!) - I'm thinking this must be the original recipe so I made them again to make sure they're good...and yep, they're great! Similar to the 6/20 recipe, they are soft and cakey with tons of flavor. I figured you might as well get the second version of these cookies - tell me if you've make both of the recipes and which you like better!

The recipe calls for semi-sweet chips and nuts, I did 1/2 semi-sweet and 1/2 butterscotch chips and omitted the nuts. 



Ingredients:

  • 1 1/2 cups flour
  • 1 cup sugar
  • 1 t. salt
  • 1/2 t. baking soda
  • 1/2 t. ground cinnamon
  • 1/4 t. ground nutmeg
  • 3/4 cup butter, softened
  • 1 larg egg, room temperature
  • 1 cup mashed ripe bananas (about 2)
  • 1 3/4 cups quick-cooking oats
  • 1 cup semisweet chocolate chips
  • 1/2 cup chopped walnuts
Directions:
  1. Preheat oven to 375'. In a bowl, combine the first 6 ingredients; beat in butter until mixture resembles coarse crumbs. Add egg, bananas, and oats; mix well. Stir in chips and nuts.
  2. Drop by tablespoonfuls onto greased baking sheets. Bake until golden brown, 13-15 minutes. Cool on wire racks.

makes 4 dozen. 1 cookie = 97 calories, 5g fat, 13g carb (7g sugar, 1g fiber)

click here for recipe found at tasteofhome.com

4.7.19: around the campfire 🔥
4.7.18: swedish fish cocktail
4.7.17: DIY phone case by Brooke (I still use this btw, I just switched it to another clear case)
4.7.16: how to repair a wall clock

No comments:

Post a Comment