Thursday, April 1, 2021

Meatloaf Cake

Guys - you've probably known this was coming for some time now, I'm just burned out of blogging every day and have decided it's time to retire from running Make My Day Camp. It's been so much fun and I really appreciate you sticking with it for 5+ years - hopefully you've found recipes, crafts, projects, etc that you've made and enjoyed....and I hope you'll keep being creative even without my sharing ideas (some dumb, some good hahha). Thanks for everything!

Geez I hope you know that today is April 1st - HAPPY APRIL FOOLS' DAY!!! No way I'm quitting the blog, I love it too much - you're not getting rid of me that easily 😉. Now on to today's post - I'm making 'meatloaf cake' in honor of April Fools' day, it's 2 layers of meatloaf with mashed potato filling and frosting. I have the meatloaf in the oven as I write this, haven't assembled it yet so don't have a picture but I'll update after I do. Wanted you to have time to make this today if you're feeling like being silly with me. Here's my inspiration picture from an old All Recipes magazine:



I made my usual meatloaf recipe, LeDonna does a version with mushroom soup on top that I want to try but I went with this chili sauce glazed one since I know what to expect. I'll do the other version and share it next time. 

  • 1 pound each lean ground beef, ground pork, and ground lamb or turkey
  • 1 cup breadcrumbs (cracker crumbs or oatmeal work too)
  • 1 bottle of chili sauce, or 1 1/2 cups homemade
  • 2 eggs
  • splash of milk
  • salt and pepper
Combine the breadcrumbs, 1/2 of the chili sauce, eggs, milk, and salt and pepper in a large bowl. Add the ground meats and mix with your hands until it's evenly mixed together. Divide in half, place each in a 9" cake pan sprayed with non-stick cooking spray. Top with remaining chili sauce. Bake at 350' for approx. 45 minutes until done. 

4.1.20: American Sign Language alphabet

4.1.19: microwave bowl cozy we still use these just about every day!

4.1.18: Easter and how to make a jelly bean tree

4.1.17: perfect baked sweet potatoes

PS: thanks to Tesha for the funny toilet photo above! 

 

No comments:

Post a Comment