Thursday, April 4, 2024

Zucchini Banana Bread

I had a couple bananas that needed to be dealt with, and a zucchini in the same condition hahha - I love banana bread, and I love zucchini bread...so I mixed them together and made a great mash-up (banana, mash, get it? haha dumb I know) recipe. 

I followed my zucchini bread recipe using 1/2 of a large zucchini, and added 2 very ripe mashed bananas and it's a winner. Very moist, doesn't taste strongly of either zucchini or banana, just a good simple quick bread that has the kitchen smelling great!

  • 3 eggs
  • 1 cup vegetable oil
  • 2 cups sugar
  • 2 t. vanilla
  • 3 cups flour
  • 1 t. salt
  • 1 t. baking soda
  • 1/2 t. baking powder
  • 3 t. cinnamon
  • 1 t. nutmeg
  • 2 cups zucchini (I might not have grated 2 full cups, just whatever 1/2 a large zucchini is)
  • 2 ripe mashed bananas
Preheat oven to 325'. Grease and flour 2 loaf pans.

Beat together 3ggs, oil, and sugar until well combined. Mix in vanilla. Combine dry ingredients and stir into the wet ingredients. Stir in the zucchini and banana.

Divide the batter equally in the prepared pans. Bake 55-60 minutes. I tend to remove the bread from the oven when it's almost not cooked thru and a long skewer has a touch of batter on it - the bread will cook a little more on the counter in the hot pans. Leave for 30 minutes, remove from the pans, and let cool before wrapping them up. 



No comments:

Post a Comment