Friday, May 3, 2024

Daisy Fruit Tray

Our book for book club this month was "Daisy Jones and the Six" - everyone brought a snack to pass; my first thought was to make something "70's -ish" like Ritz crackers and squirty cheese haha so I was googling ideas when my sis sent me an inspiration pic of veggies in flower shapes with dip as their centers. I loved this idea of a flower themed food (because of the name of the book!) instead of a 70's theme! Someone already called a veggie tray so I made mine with the flowers made out of sticks of melon and pineapple for the petals, and kiwi for a few leaves. It's super cute!!

I still want to make the vegetable version, but chances are it won't be for a book-theme event - perfect for a summer party tho! I'll share that after I make it. For now here is my fruit tray:


I cut honeydew, cantaloupe, watermelon, and pineapple into skinny sticks a couple inches long


Because the fruit is so juicy I built my flowers on top of coffee filters trying to soak up some of the liquid. Set a small cup in place where you want the center of the flowers, then place the fruit sticks around in a flower shape. Add thin slices of kiwi here and there representing the leaves. 

I made my usual fruit dip and spooned it into the cups. Using a hand-held mixer, combine 1 block (8 oz.) cream cheese, 1 small jar (7 oz.) marshmallow fluff, and a couple teaspoons of orange juice until smooth. 

No comments:

Post a Comment