Thursday, May 2, 2024

Baked (or Pan-Fried) Polenta Rounds

Yesterday I posted a good recipe for baked crispy chicken, which tastes really good and is an easy prep - but my favorite part of the meal was the baked polenta rounds I made to serve with the chicken! If you aren't familiar with polenta it is made from ground cornmeal (it's similar to grits) and comes in 2 forms (that I know of), ground meal in a box or bag, or precooked in a tube - we enjoy it both ways. 

I made this recipe using the polenta in a tube - you can make it creamy by chopping it up and put it in a saucepan, add about a cup of broth and stir frequently with a whisk to fully incorporate the broth - it ends up sort of the consistency of mashed potatoes. This time I sliced the polenta into rounds about 1/2" - 3/4" thick, brushed with olive oil and sprinkled with salt and pepper; baked at 400' for 10 minutes and flip, continue baking until golden brown. 

Another way to make the rounds is basically the same except you can fry them in a pan sprayed with non-stick cooking spray, once they are golden brown I finish them in the pan with a little drizzle of olive oil or melted butter. 

I like to sprinkle the finished rounds with a little parmesan, or top with marinara. Yum. 


No comments:

Post a Comment