Saturday, November 27, 2021

Corn and Cherry Tomato Saute

I have 2 recipes in my book right next to each other for different corn dishes made in a skillet - I'll give you both of them. I couldn't decide which to make last night so I combined the two for one delicious and easy side dish! 

I love corn. Have I told you that before? hahahahah. 

CREAMY CORN SKILLET

  • 5 fresh ears of corn
  • 1/4 cup butter
  • 2 - 4 T. sugar
  • 1 T. cornmeal
  • salt and pepper to taste
Remove husks and silk from corn; cut kernels from cobs (you should have about 2 1/2 cups). In a large heavy skillet melt butter. Stir in corn, sugar, and cornmeal. Cover and cook over medium-low heat for 30 minutes, stirring occasionally. Season to taste with salt and pepper. Let stand 10 minutes. Makes 6 servings.
each serving: 152 cal, 9g fat, 19g carb, 2g fiber

CORN AND LITTLE TOMATO SAUTÉ
  • 2 t. each olive oil and butter
  • 3 ears fresh corn, kernels cut from cobs (about 1 1/2 cups)
  • 1 pint mixed little tomatoes (such as cherry, grape, and pear)
  • 1/3 cup chopped chives
  • 1/2 t. each salt and pepper
Heat oil and butter in large nonstick skillet over medium-high heat. Stir in corn and tomatoes and sauté 2 - 3 minutes or until tomatoes just begin to split. Remove from heat; stir in chives, salt and pepper. Makes 4 servings.
each serving: 100 cal, 5g fat, 14g carb, 3g fiber

*To combine the two recipes I melted 2 t. butter and 2 t. olive oil in a large skillet. Add 2 cups frozen corn kernels, sprinkle with approx. 1 T. sugar and 1 T. cornmeal (I didn't measure, just a big pinch of both), salt and pepper to taste. Cook over medium until the corn is hot and golden, stirring frequently - about 15 minutes. With a few minutes to go I added a big handful of cherry tomatoes. 

No comments:

Post a Comment