Tuesday, November 23, 2021

Tip-sy Tuesday: egg shells

Quick tip, and one I use all the time - if you crack eggs into a pan or bowl and a little piece of shell breaks off just scoop it out with a larger piece of shell. Something about the shell attracting shell, don't know why but it does. Much better than trying to pick it out with your fingers! 

The reason lots of cookbooks tell you to break eggs into a bowl before adding to the pan or whatever you're making is in case a piece of shell ends up in your food - but I rarely do that because I will avoid dirtying another dish at all costs hahahah. Most of the time I crack them right into whatever I'm preparing and scoop any runaway shell with a larger shell. 

No pictures, imagine a piece of shell in your scrambled eggs and then imagine scooping it out using a larger shell! 

11.23.20: 🔥week 47

11.23.19: turkey gravy (I'm telling ya - it's foolproof!)

11.23.18: fabric bread basket

11.23.16: make ahead mashed potatoes 

11.23.15: organize your cookie cutters

No comments:

Post a Comment