Wednesday, November 10, 2021

Spinach Salad with Goat Cheese and Beets

Last week I shared a different spinach, goat cheese, and beet salad that also includes quinoa - here's my standard recipe that we love and I make all the time! Not that the other one isn't great, I just don't always have cooked quinoa on hand or time to make it...and I love the dressing with honey and dijon, yum.

  • 1 1/4 pounds fresh beets, scrubbed and trim the tops
  • 1 T. balsamic vinegar
  • 1 1/2 t. honey
  • 1 1/2 t. Dijon mustard
  • 1/4 t. salt
  • 1/4 t. pepper
  • 1/4 cup olive oil
  • 5 cups baby spinach
  • 2 oz. goat cheese, crumbled
  • 1/2 cup walnuts, toasted
1. cover the beets with water and simmer until tender 30-60 minutes. Cool, peel, cut into 1" pieces.
2. Whisk together the vinegar, honey, mustard, salt, pepper and olive oil. 
3. Place spinach in salad bowl. Drizzle with dressing; toss to coat. Top with beets, goat cheese and walnuts. Add additional salt and pepper as desired.

10 servings

note: I just use pre-cooked beets, they taste great and way quicker. And I omit the walnuts 'cuz of Dave's allergies. 


recipe from Taste of Home


11.10.20: TT storage wrap tip
11.10.16: baked egg cups
11.10.15: button earrings

No comments:

Post a Comment