Thursday, February 2, 2023

Salad Bundles

I made these to go with the stuffed shells for Sunday Supper last weekend, they were inspired by a dinner we went to in Long Beach years ago for the Grand Prix and it's been in my idea file since. It's just something a little different for serving salad - wrapping mixed greens in a zucchini ribbon. 

I thinly sliced the zucchini lengthwise using my vegetable peeler, laid out a couple overlapping pieces on my cutting board and topped with a bundle of greens at one end and roll up in the zucchini. Secure with a toothpick.


To serve the salad I stacked the bundles on one side of a platter, forgot to take a picture but I put a bowl of homemade croutons on the other side; also had small bowls of blue cheese crumbles and dried cranberries that everyone could add if they liked, and instead of making dressing I used Brianna's blush wine vinaigrette.


There were  a couple bundles left over so I put them in a plastic baggie and we had them at dinner the next night, I found when I removed the toothpick they stayed rolled up (unlike when I made them fresh) so next time if I don't want to leave the toothpick in when serving I know I can make them the day before and remove the toothpick before serving. 



2.2.22: dry ranch seasoning mix

2/2/21: tip-sy tuesday room temp butter tip 

2.2.20: ðŸ”¥week 5

2.2.19: groundhog day card or decoration











2.2.18: super bowl games

2.2.17: preserved lemons

2.2.16: organizing wrapping and tissue paper



No comments:

Post a Comment