Thursday, February 23, 2023

Orange Blossom Dressing

I shared how to make salad bundles with you a couple weeks ago - I got the idea from a dinner held for a drivers event in April of 2019 and filed it away as a recipe for 'someday'. I just came across my post draft/idea from back then and thought I'd do a follow-up post on the bundles. 
Their salad consisted of field greens wrapped in zucchini ribbons, topped with toasted almonds, bleu cheese chunks, and dried cranberries, served with orange blossom honey dressing. 
The store-bought dressing I served the bundles with was really good, but if I could have found orange blossom honey at my little store I would have made this homemade honey-mustard recipe: (note - maybe orange blossom versus clover honey wouldn't have made much difference? I just remember the orange blossom dressing was delish): 
  • 2 tablespoons orange blossom honey
  • 1/4 cup canola or grape seed oil
  • 1 tablespoon apple cider vinegar
  • 1 teaspoon Dijon mustard
  • 2 tsp finely chopped basil (optional)
  • Salt and pepper, to taste
Another note - the drivers event was part of the Long Beach Grand Prix weekend, David Hobbs was the speaker and we really enjoyed listening to him. It was a black-tie event, unfortunately I wore new super-high heeled shoes and could barely walk to the car afterwards - I kid you not, took the shoes off in the parking lot and left them for some poor unsuspecting person to have haha and walked the rest of the way to our car barefoot in my fancy dress. While driving home barefoot I just kept thinking how bad it would be if I got pulled over - I was driving and had not been drinking but I had visions of being asked to walk in a straight line on the side of the highway barefoot, that's not tacky at all LOL 

No comments:

Post a Comment