Friday, February 10, 2023

Perfectly Peeled Hard Boiled Eggs (re-run)

I forgot to schedule something to post this morning so I'm going to give you a quick re-run of how to get perfectly peeled hard boiled eggs in case you're thinking to make them for Supper Bowl Sunday. This way of boiling and cooling in ice water absolutely works to get nice pretty eggs when making deviled eggs. 

I just boiled a dozen eggs that I just bought this morning and look - every one of them is perfect!


from 2016:

I have been making hard boiled eggs for years the same way (put the eggs in a pan, fill with water, bring to a boil for 5 minutes, turn off heat and cover, let rest in hot water for 20 minutes) and they are foolproof, perfectly done everytime. But if the eggs are too fresh then it's always a crap shoot if I could peel them easily (did you know that fresh eggs are the culprit behind difficult-to-peel hard boiled eggs? Yep!) and if I wanted pretty deviled eggs then it was such a pain hoping to get enough nice ones.  I'm making deviled eggs to take to a friends house and of course bought brand new eggs this morning...and then I saw this method with the claim that even fresh eggs will peel perfectly...well of course I'm going to try it!

Bring a pot of water to a boil and then carefully lower the eggs into the pan. Let them boil in a gentle simmer for 15 minutes. Drain; then put the hot eggs into a bowl of ice water and let cool for 5-10 minutes. And sure enough, every one of the eggs peeled super easy - I'm shocked. A couple have a sort of dent on the side (I put them on the top in this picture), not sure what that's about, but when I halve the eggs I'll just make sure to put the dented side on the bottom.

Click here to see where I found this - my new method when I need perfectly peeled hard boiled eggs!



2.10.21: dessert (football) cheeseball (shoutout to Meghan and Mickey!)



















2.10.20: fabric flower pins

2.10.19: ðŸ”¥week 6 (and there's a cute Valentine bookmark idea)

2.10.18: organizing food containers

2.10.17: two toned swirly frosting

2.10.16: layered jello parfait perfect for Valentine's day



No comments:

Post a Comment