Friday, February 24, 2023

Vegetable Dip

I made this dip the other night for a last-minute appetizer veggie tray, I had all of these ingredients on hand and it came together quickly. I read another recipe where they grated the shallot instead of mincing it and thought I'd try it since Dave hates onion so I try to disguise it where I can; I did it on my micro-planer and it didn't really grate it, more like made a paste - which worked adding a little flavor without seeing the minced shallot in the dip but am not sure it's necessary. Next time I'll just mince it as finely as possible. This has really good flavor, adjust the seasonings to your taste (I didn't measure, just kept tweaking til I liked it!).

I forgot to take a picture, it basically looks like mayo with little flecks in it! I served it with a platter of halved mini sweet peppers, radishes, cherry tomatoes, sliced cucumbers, broccoli, cauliflower, and baby carrots. 

  • Sour cream
  • Mayo
  • Lemon juice
  • Dry ranch seasonings packet
  • Seasoned salt
  • Grated shallot
  • Minced dill and parsley
In a small bowl stir together equal parts sour cream and mayo; add about 1/2 a dry ranch seasoning packet,  about 1 t. seasoned salt (I use Lawry's), minced or grated shallot, minced fresh dill and parsley to taste. Thin it with fresh lemon juice as needed. Chill for a couple hours before serving if possible. 



No comments:

Post a Comment