Tuesday, March 14, 2023

SM/Tip-sy Tuesday: Foods High in Starch

For today's tip-sy tip I found a list of foods high in starch, which plays into this month's theme of 'starch madness' (and it's just reading for information, not a recipe whew - tired of starch recipes yet?!)

image found here

This info is from an article I saw at healthline.com, some of these I didn't realize are higher in starch than some of their carb counterparts. If you want to read the article and the info that breaks down each of these foods click here, otherwise I'll just list them (note: higher in starch doesn't mean un-healthy, I worried when I saw oats and whole wheat on this list!):

1. Cornstarch

2. Rice Krispie Cereals

3. Pretzels

4. Millet Flour

5. Sorghum Flour

6. White Flour

7. Saltine Crackers

8. Oats

9. Whole Wheat Flour

10. Instant Noodles

11. English Muffins

12. Bagels

13. White Bread 

14. Tortillas 

15. Shortbread Cookies

16. Rice

17. Pasta

18. Corn

19. Potatoes


3.14.22: ManDay Monday: chicken salad

No comments:

Post a Comment