Tuesday, March 7, 2023

Tip-sy Tuesday/Starch Madness : Carpet Freshener

A break from a starchy recipe, but still starch related haha. 

I made carpet freshener a long time ago only using baking soda and essential oil; this time I made it another way by combining equal parts cornstarch and baking soda along with essential oil in whatever scent you like.

  • 1 cup cornstarch
  • 1 cup baking soda
  • 20-30 drops essential oil (I bought pine fresh scent or something like that at the Dollar Store, for using to make the carpet smell better the cheap stuff works just fine). Pine isn't my favorite scent but my choices were 'bartlett pear', 'marshmallow fluff', and something pecan...pine it is. 
I keep this in a mason jar fitted with the shaker top from a Kraft parmesan cheese jar. Sprinkle on carpets to help remove odors and stains. (I read that cornstarch is good for dealing with oily stains, it absorbs the oils.) Let it sit on the rug for 10-15 minutes before vacuuming. 

No comments:

Post a Comment