Friday, March 3, 2023

SM: Yogurt Bagels

I've had this in my draft file since 7/20 when Tesha sent me the pictures and said that Kriss made yogurt bagels and they turned out great. I haven't posted before now because I thought I'd make them myself first so I could share any tips or changes, but since I haven't made them in the 2 years I've had the recipe and it's now 'starch madness' I'm going ahead and sharing her photos instead so you can make yogurt bagels for yourself. I still want to make these, I read good reviews (in addition to what Tesha told me!), I just haven't taken the time. Kriss doesn't know I'm borrowing her pics haha, hopefully she doesn't care ;)


  • 2 1/2 cups flour
  • 4 t. baking powder
  • 1 t. fine sea salt
  • 1 1/2 cups Fage yogurt
  • 1/2 cup water
  • 1 egg
  • 2 t. honey
1. Preheat the oven to 375'. Line a baking sheet with parchment paper
2. In a large bowl, combine flour, baking powered, and salt. Add yogurt and water, stir to combine. Knead the dough briefly until smooth. If needed, add a little more flour or water if the dough is too wet or dry.
3. Turn out the dough onto a lightly floured countertop and divide into 8 pieces. Roll each piece into a 3/4" thick rope, and bring the ends together, pressing them together. Widen the hole in the center slightly.
4. In a small bowl, whisk together thee egg and honey with 2 t. water until smooth. Brush bagels with the egg mixture. 
5. Sprinkle bagels with 4 1/2 T. everything bagel seasoning (*see below for recipe, or use store-bought seasoning mix).
6. Bake until browned and set, about 30 minutes. Transfer to a wire rack to cool completely. 
7. Serve warm or at room temperature. Store any leftovers in an airtight container at room temperature for up to 5 days. 

makes 8 




Everything Bagel Seasoning recipe:

1 T. poppy seeds
1 T. sesame seeds
1 T. dried garlic flakes
1 T. dried onion flakes
1 1/2 t. fennel seeds
1 1/2 t. flaky sea salt




No comments:

Post a Comment