Friday, March 10, 2023

Starch Madness: Crockpot Spinach White Bean Soup

This soup is surprisingly good and really easy! Not just for starch madness, I'll for sure make this again. I really like the addition of tomato puree with the broth, beans and spinach, it added a really nice flavor to what I usually think of broth-based bean soup. 


My changes and notes: I used chicken broth instead of vegetable, 1/4 cup of chopped onion, and added long-grain brown rice instead of white. I used baby spinach and didn't chop it up but I think I would like the texture better if I had smaller pieces of spinach - otherwise I love this soup!
  •  6 cups reduced-sodium vegetable broth
  • 1 can Great Northern beans, rinsed and drained
  • 1 can (15 oz.) tomato puree
  • 1/2 cup finely chopped onion
  • 1/2 cup uncooked converted long-grain rice
  • 2 garlic cloves, minced
  • 1 t. dried basil
  • 1/4 t. pepper
  • 1/8 t. salt
  • 7 cups chopped fresh spinach
  • 1/4 cup shredded parmesan
In a 4 quart crockpot, combine 1st 9 ingredients (broth thru salt); cover and cook on LOW for 6-7 hours until heated thru. Add spinach, cover and cook another 15 minutes or until spinach is wilted. Serve with parmesan. 

note: it's ok to freeze this soup before adding the parmesan. 

found here at taste of home 

3.10.22: MSIH peanut butter dream bars

3.10.21: crock pot corned beef (my favorite way to make St. Patrick's Day meal)



No comments:

Post a Comment