Thursday, March 16, 2023

Deco Mesh Wreath

Taking a one day break from 'starch madness' to share this quick easy dollar store craft just in time for St. Patrick's Day tomorrow. We're having dinner here Friday night (sticking with my old school traditional meal of corned beef, cabbage, carrots, and potatoes, click here for recipes) and I was surfing around for easy decorations - I feel like I've done so many St. Patty's crafts that I figured I'd probably just re-use an old one haha but then I saw this mesh wreath idea, watched a couple minutes of a video on the technique and immediately hit up the local dollar store. 


All you need is a wire wreath frame, this one is 14"; 6 rolls of mesh ribbon, I planned to mix a couple different greens but all they had was this lighter green and some sparkly white so I bought 4 green and 2 white; pipe cleaners and scissors. 

I didn't video myself doing this but click here for the one I followed, it's very easy but too hard to describe so watch the video. You attach one end of the ribbon onto the wire form using a piece of a pipe cleaner, then draw up loops thru the rows of the wreath form and repeat over and over. Once the wreath is full separate and fluff each loop, but be careful to not pull up on the loops because they are just sitting in between the wires, nothing is holding them in place. I took some pictures but really, just watch the video haha. 










I laid it in the middle of the table as a centerpiece and just set foam shamrocks on top. Then I found a gold vase and put dollar store fake flowers in it and placed in the center of the wreath. Last I poked Rolos onto bamboo skewers and stuck into the vase (I wanted gold coins but couldn't find any, and I like how the shooting Rolos look). 





the video I followed is on youtube under 'deco mesh wreath' by Crafts with Chris if the link above doesn't work. 


3.16.22: leprechaun veggie tray (by Jen) 

3.16.21: TT steamer basket

3.16.19: St. Paddy's 2019 Plan

3.16.18: felt shamrocks

3.16.17: green tassel earrings

3.16.16: leprechaun coloring page 

No comments:

Post a Comment