Monday, March 20, 2023

SM: Broccoli Cornbread

This cornbread with broccoli sounds a little weird, I know - but Dave and I both really liked it and it'll go into the 'make again' file. I served it with grilled chicken and a chopped salad, and ate leftovers for breakfast with a basted egg on top and that was good too (yep, also a little weird but that's me haha). 


I cut the ingredients in half and baked in a small baking dish instead of a skillet, and baked it for about 20 minutes until baked thru and lightly browned. Brush the melted butter up the sides of the dish a bit, or spray with non-stick cooking spray. The batter is super thick and I had to press it into the pan with a spatula (well I actually did it with my hands but that sounds a little gross haha). 



  • 2 eggs
  • 1 cup 4% cottage cheese
  • 3 cups frozen chopped broccoli, thawed
  • 3/4 cups chopped onion 
  • 1/2 cup melted butter, divided
  • 2 packages (8.5 oz. each) cornbread mix
Combine eggs, cottage cheese, broccoli, onion, 6 T. butter, and cornbread mix until well blended. Pour remaining butter into a 10" oven-proof skillet, add batter. Bake at 350' 40-45 minutes or until golden. Cut into wedges and serve warm. 


found here at taste of home 

3.20.22: ðŸ”¥ week 12

3.20.21: corned beef and cabbage soup

3.20.20: pork chops with sauerkraut 

3.20.19: peanut blossom cookies

3.20.18: Dottie F. Bunny (Mary knitted it for me, so cute and so much work!)

3.20.17: how to hinge mat your photos or artwork

3.20.16: boneless coq au vin




No comments:

Post a Comment