Monday, March 13, 2023

Starch Madness: Carrot Candy

The original recipe calls for 8 carrots, but after I cut the first big carrot into super thin rounds I realized that I didn't need 8 carrots worth of 'candy'. The rounds do shrink up a lot, so next time I'll do maybe 2 or 3 carrots on a larger pan. The carrot flavor is intensified and the texture is chewy - a great addition to a salad or just to snack on; easy to make once you've sliced the carrots. I used a v-slicer/mandolin, if you use a knife try to cut them into equal thickness slices. 


I only did 1 carrot but if you want to make a whole batch I don't think they'll go to waste (as long as you like carrots that is hahah, if you didn't why would you want to make them in the first place !). 

  • 8 medium carrots, about 1 pound
  • 1 T. olive oil
  • 1/2 t. salt

Preheat the oven to 225'. Slice the carrots into 1/8" rounds and toss with oil and salt, spread onto a baking sheet in a single layer. Bake, stirring occasionally, until the slices are slightly shriveled, dehydrated, but still soft and chewy. Watch that they don't burn or stick to the pan. 

Check them at 2 hours, then continue baking until they are as chewy and crisp as you like, another 30 to 60 minutes. Cool completely before storing in an air-tight container 

Note: I think my slices might have been thinner than 1/8", they were done in 1 1/2 hours. 




recipe found at VB6 (Vegan Before 6)

3.13.22: ðŸ”¥ week 11 



3.13.19: island cupcakes


3.13.17: shamrock butterflies and paper garland (why did I post two that day? hmmm...)







No comments:

Post a Comment