Thursday, June 1, 2023

Fried Taco Rice (or "Jiji's Goulash Dinner")

Jiji sent me a recipe for how she uses up leftover rice (see her lessons for how to cook beef and broccoli, and teriyaki chicken, both served with steamed white rice) - this one she calls 'Fried Taco Rice' but her husband calls it "Jiji's Goulash Dinner" - call it whatever you want it sounds yummy. I think we'll like this one too!

Here's what she sent me:

I sometimes buy ground beef from Costco and repackage it into smaller bags and keep them in the freezer. 

Cook ground beef first, I did not use any oil just throw the beef into the pan over medium heat. Cook the beef until showing no pink, and a little juice comes out. Throw in chopped celery, and chopped mushrooms. I used one celery stick and 3 mushrooms. I don’t have onion at home tonight, you can add it if you like. Add taco mix, fry and mix everything and then lastly throw in the left over rice, keep frying a few minutes until the rice is hot.

You can use any taco seasoning, I mix my own.
Garlic power, onion power, red pepper flakes, dry oregano, paprika 1:1:1:1:2 ratio, keep adding chili power   :2 or 3 and cumin :3 or 4 as you like and add salt and pepper to taste. Taste the mix and adjust till you like. 






No comments:

Post a Comment