Friday, June 23, 2023

My Sister Tried It: Caramelized Banana v.2

Well, anyone who saw my post about the weird caramelized bananas is probably thinking either  “how many banana posts can this girl do”?  Or maybe “does she think this counts as a recipe?” If you have been following my sisters blog for any length of time you are probably aware of my cooking abilities so the answers are - I needed to try it healthier and also - yes. Yes this is a recipe. 

So- let’s jump in. My carmelized banana “recipe” was actually fantastic. But putting a bunch of sugar on anything is not only going to make it delicious but also going to make it not very good for me. So this time I’m trying it a couple different ways. One side with a pre mix of cinnamon sugar. And one side with mostly all just plain cinnamon and a tiny bit of brown sugar (which was in the original instructions). 

As you can see in the picture, both sides still got a “caramelized”  topping. Just like the original recipe. Both sides were also still delicious! Warm banana (air fried) was great either way but I prefer the brown sugar side.  It was just more flavorful. I did almost all cinnamon- with just a sprinkle of brown sugar this time. Delish. Really would like to add a scoop of ice cream but that defeats my “healthy” purpose. If I add a scoop of Greek yogurt to the top can I write it for my sister as another “recipe”? Hmmm..  lol

One banana- cut lengthwise (leaving skin on)
Sprinkle cinnamon
Sprinkle brown sugar
Air fry at 400 for 8 minutes. 


6.23.22: MSIH alice springs chicken

No comments:

Post a Comment