Friday, June 30, 2023

My Sister Tried It: Oven S'Mores

Anyone who has ever been at a fire pit with me or has invited me over to go to their fire pit will know how much I love s’mores. It’s one of the first things I ask when you invite me in the summer, “will there be s’mores?" Now I’m not a jerk - I’m happy to bring the s’more stuff - I just want to know first if I need to. One of the main reasons I need to ask is because if I try to make a s’more on our propane fire pit I will have to hear my husband complain about the mess. I’m not sure he understands the point of having a fire pit at all? 

Anyway, I saw a “recipe” for s’mores in the oven. I question this being a real recipe because it’s basically a homemade graham crust smashed into the bottom of a pan with a row of chocolate and then marshmallows on top. Not exactly a high-tech recipe. Lol. Regardless of how easy it looks I still decided not to make it exactly as they had it. I decided to buy the crust, which would eliminate the need for the cup of butter and the crushing of graham crumbs. The store bought bottom crust is also surprisingly low in calorie. Yes, I know this seems ridiculous because I am about to put chocolate and marshmallows on top of that but just let me have my delusions.


  • 1 store bought graham pie crust
  • 2-3 Hershey bars
  • 3 cups Marshmallows cut in half (or mini- whichever you prefer)

Place the hersheys in a single layer across the bottom of the crust.  Cook 3 minutes until very soft. Lay the marshmallows in a single layer on top an nd push down a little into the softened chocolate layer. Broil for 1-2 minutes until toasted on top. DO NOT WALK AWAY.  You’ll be sorry. Lol.  

This was delicious. Seems silly but I will definitely be making again - grumbling husband not needed. 







6.30.22: patriotic gnome
6.30.21: hermits
6.30.20: tip-sy tuesday: tension rods

































No comments:

Post a Comment