Friday, June 2, 2023

My Sister Tried It: Coffee Chiller

Here is another one that the teen brought to me from Tik Tok. For some background - I know alot of folks like cold coffee so I am not alone in my love for this. Even though my hubby thinks its awful- I prefer to think he's the odd one, not me. Back in the old days pre-Covid when I worked in an office I would fill my coffee mug at the end of the day and take it home with me. I would then put that in the fridge and drink it on my way to work the next day.  So not exactly "stealing" from work as everyone else drank their work coffee on site. haha. 

So in the last few years my love of cold coffee from home has been quite an undertaking.  I used to use the keurig in the morning and put it in the freezer.  That led me to no coffee until around 10am.  Not great.  I then went to a jug from amazon that you put the grounds in the middle and poured the water over then chilled overnight.  That was ok but sometimes had grounds in it, sometimes I would forget to do it at night - again leading to no coffee for the next day (which makes Jenny a grumpy girl). 

I then went to brewing a pot of coffee for myself, putting in a jug/pitcher and drinking for 2-3 days. This solution is "ok" except I cant really use the Keurig for that so I need to get the old school coffee maker out.  I also have the jug taking room in my fridge which I also don't love. All of that back story leads me to what Brooke found.
 
HyperChiller on Amazon.  As always I do not get any form of kickback on Amazon however this thing is GREAT.  I have only used for 2 days but so far it appears to be the solution to my problem! 

Step 1. Put water in the  Chiller
Step 2. Freeze it!
Step 3. the next day use the Keurig to brew coffee right into the top of the chiller
Step 4. Leave it in the chiller for 60 seconds.  The frozen chiller cools the coffee that fast. 
Step 5. Pour right from the chiller into the cup (I like ice in the cup also but isnt necessary). 

Seriously.  Thats it.  When I say "life changing", for me it is.  So far anyway.  I'll report back if I find a flaw to this system.  In the meantime if you are looking for me I will be over here enjoying my cold coffee!  




6.2.22: baked donuts

6.2.21: yeti gift 

6.2.20: tip-sy tuesday: whipping egg whites


6.2.19: ðŸ”¥week 22


6.2.18: message box


6.2.17: outfit tip - full pants with t-shirt


6.2.16: tomato container garden


No comments:

Post a Comment