Wednesday, June 28, 2023

Balsamic Roasted Baby Peppers

This is my new favorite vegetable - balsamic roasted baby peppers. I was so crazy about these after making them for the first time that I texted the fam with my exciting news and they were all 'oh yea, we love them and make them all the time'. Well geez guys, thanks for not telling me! hahahah. 

I love that you can roast these with stems and seeds so there is basically no prep work other than washing them - although after the first couple batches I have been removing the stem and seeds first, it just takes a minute and I find them easier to eat that way. These are terrific (it's a Barefoot Contessa recipe so naturally it's a keeper!). 

  • 2 pounds baby sweet peppers, mixed colors
  • olive oil
  • kosher salt and black pepper
  • 2 sprigs fresh thyme
  • balsamic vinegar
Preheat the oven to 400'. Place the whole peppers, including the stems, in a single layer in a large baking dish. Drizzle with oil, sprinkle with salt and pepper, toss well. Lay the sprigs of thyme on top and roast for 20 to 25 minutes, until the peppers start to brown in places but are not blackened. Discard the thyme sprigs. While still hot, drizzle the peppers with balsamic vinegar and season to taste. Serve warm or at room temperature. 




note: I usually use dried thyme or Italian seasoning in place of fresh sprigs. These are great as a snack, a side dish, on salads - change the seasonings however you like! Oh, and I roast them on a foil-lined baking sheet instead of in a dish. 


6.28.22: S'mOreos

No comments:

Post a Comment