Friday, May 19, 2023

My Sister Tried It: Mustard Pretzel Pork

I was chatting with my sister on the phone the other day and I was multitasking trying to look for something to have for dinner. So far all I had was pork chops. My sister started asking if I had various ingredients, she reminded me of a recipe that she had on the blog (but surprisingly didn’t just tell me to go look there myself) and it was for mustard pretzel chicken. I think I originally had a recipe similar to that from HelloFresh but this time I was on my own. So, following my sister’s recipe loosely, I had some brown mustard, which I thought might be too strong in flavor so I mixed it half n half with regular mustard. I also had some pretzels which I put in a baggie and smashed up with a rolling pin. I realize this seems like a basic to most of you, but knowing my skill set, I was proud of myself for managing to smash them up without making a giant mess. Anyway, I coated the pork with the mustard and laid in the smashed pretzel. They were pretty thin pork chops, so I only had to bake them for 10 minutes at 400°. I was actually shocked at how good this came out! The hubby was also impressed, not realizing that this was not a complex recipe. So no one tell him if you see him!


3 thin cut pork chops

1 cup smashed pretzels

1 cup half n half mustard mix

Tiny bit of olive oil to spritz on the top to brown


Laid in baking pan and baked for 10 minutes at 350 (or until 145 degrees)





No comments:

Post a Comment