Monday, November 7, 2022

Mustard Pretzel Crusted Chicken

My sis hasn’t been sharing her Hello Fresh or Home Chef recipe cards with me lately because she’s now hoarding keeping them for herself in a binder (she tosses the ones they didn’t like and is keeping the favorites). I borrowed the binder and am going to try to recreate some of the ideas - Hello Fresh and other meal delivery services send their own spice blends and other ingredients so I wing it and see if I can produce something similar (or if not similar at least tasty haha!). Today it’s this recipe for mustard pretzel coated chicken - oh and for the record, I’m not writing what their recipe says since I’m not copying it exactly, I’ll tell you what I did:

  • 1/4 cup Brewpub style mustard
  • 1/3 cup pretzel crumbs (I crushed up Dots Homestyle original seasoned pretzels)
  • Olive oil
  • 1 pound boneless skinless chicken breast or 1 pound boneless pork chops
1. Preheat oven to 400’. 

2. Pat chicken dry and place in a baking dish. Spread mustard evenly on chicken, top with pretzel crumbs, pressing gently to adhere. Then drizzle with 1 t. Olive oil.

3. Bake uncovered until chicken reaches a minimum internal temp of 165’, 20-25 minutes. 

Note if using pork chops, follow the same directions but cook until pork is done and reaches a minimum internal temp of 145’ 23-27 minutes. 





No comments:

Post a Comment