Tuesday, November 15, 2022

Bird of Paradise Painting

Cathy sent me this before and after painting she did and I’m super impressed. I love that she isn’t afraid to take old pictures and just paint over them! I’m too chicken to do that (plus I’m not a painter so I would totally be ruining whatever I tried to paint over haha), but she said “can you believe I used to have the rocking chair picture in my living room?” so I guess she figured she didn’t have anything to lose…yeah even painting over something I no longer liked is too scary! 

Here’s what she did to take the rocking chair picture to this new beautiful bird of paradise painting:

I started out by taking the nails that were in the canvas out. Then I painted the whole canvas with white ceiling paint. I had a picture of what I wanted to paint so I sketched it out on the canvas with a pencil. Then I proceeded to paint over all my pencil marks. I did the bottom leaves first and they ended up too big which forced me to modify the picture some. 


11.14.21: 🔥 week 46


11.14.19: MSIH: pumpkin snickerdoodles




















No comments:

Post a Comment