Saturday, November 19, 2022

Giraffe Cork Pencil Topper

I came across this when cleaning out my desk drawer, completely forgot making these a long time ago with the kids. We did other animals in addition to this cute giraffe but I don’t have pics and can’t remember exactly which animals - I feel like there was a lion but that’s the only other one I can think of.

Might be a fun Thanksgiving craft if you have kids or fun adults that want to make one - there’s cutting and gluing so use your judgement regarding how much help kids will need.

I took lots of pictures so hopefully you can see what I did since I didn’t take step-by-step instruction pics.






To make this giraffe (see pictures Thru out): paint a wine cork orange, add dabs of brown paint for the giraffes spots. Cut a piece of black fringe about 1.5” long and 3/4” wide, make little cuts to fringe it and glue to one end of the cork to make the giraffe mane, just fold it so some is on the top of the cork and the rest is along one end. Cut out 2 small ear shapes from a different color felt and glue on either side of the mane. Glue on googly eyes. Cut a bit of the cork out of the underside and hot glue to the top of a pencil. Wrap a small piece of chenille stem (pipe cleaner) around the pencil underneath the cork. 


11.19.21: cauliflower mac and cheese

11.19.20: loaded brownies

11.19.19: TT: roasting squash

11.19.18: wrapped pumpkin decor (hint - it's toilet paper!)

11.19.17: Al's smoked brisket

11.19.16: glass block 'Fall' 



 

 

No comments:

Post a Comment