Friday, November 3, 2023

My Sis Tried It: Mish-Mash?

This past week I've posted crockpot mac and cheese, and crockpot meatballs in mushroom sauce - today Jen wrote a 'My Sis Tried It' post regarding the 2 of them:

So this is another addition of “Sissy tried it“ but let me be clear that I did not think it was a good idea at all. Let me go back. We had a party last weekend so everyone could meet baby Georgie. As usual, everyone brings a dish to pass so we have an assortment of delicious goodness. My contribution as it was at my house had to be some form of main dish. This time I made Swedish meatballs in the crockpot. They were delicious if I do say so myself anyway, my sister made macaroni and cheese. (Which I’m sure the recipe is on this blog somewhere- and it was delicious). That should be the end of the post however, my sister let me know that her husband mixed these two delicious things together. My meatballs and her macaroni and cheese. The question I would ask would be why. Like, these are two delicious things on their own. Why would they need to be mixed? Anyway, I told my sister that I would give it a try and let her know what I thought. So, you would think mixing two delicious things together would make one even more delicious – but in this case that is not true. It did nothing to improve either of the two dishes and they were far far better individually. So- an entire post to let you know to try my meat balls and also to try my sisters Mac n cheese. But not together.


Jill here: I'm surprised this wasn't a winner, sounded good to me - seems like it'd taste sort of like cheesy stroganoff haha! 

11.3.20: TT: pumpkin spice cookies
11.3.18: Jane's candied bacon (yum!) 
11.3.17: make a button bouquet




















11.3.2016: fall paper chain garland
















11.3.2015: fall wreath



















No comments:

Post a Comment